Monday 30 July 2018

Book Marketing 101; Would You Like An Excerpt?

I am escalating my book marketing both here and on TwitterInstagram and Facebook. I've come to realize that constantly bombarding people with awareness is the only way to make some headway unless you want to resort to nefarious means (the book industry is a sharkfest) or join KDP rocket (No, just no) and let them monopolize your works. This way is much slower because you're basically the equivalent of standing in the street, handing out fliers and then reading the flier to the person you handed it to, and then explaining the flier to them and then leading them slowly and gently to the book site.
It's crazy. Probably not suited for anyone wanting to make some fast cash.
Moreover, I am not the most patient person, but I'm learning to be. So writing books has been very good for my growth as a human.

That said, let's get this show on the road. This post will be made up of excerpts from my books. First up we have In Search of Paradise.
You might have read the outtake on this site on my birthday last year; you can also find it here: and now, here's a preview of the book. Do take some time, and read it. I guarantee your time back if you don't want to know what happens next.



What did you think? Tell me tell me tell me! 
Next up we have the newly revamped and made over, Child of Destiny. I just recently read this again and I was quite pleased with how it has stood the test of time and improved skill. It's still a great story, with wonderful pacing and vibrant characters. Is it okay to talk like a fan when you're the author? Anyway, here's a preview.



Yeah, I know you're fanning yourself right now, looking around in mortification in case anyone saw you. Wondering if it's based on my own sexual experience... I've been around this block a few times. But aside from all that...how was it? Did you want to know what happened next? Tweet me your thoughts hashtag whatgenreisthis.
Next up! My first published book of fiction. The one my editor called 'a masterpiece'. Seriously I'm not even making that up.



I know y'all are probably reading this in your place of work, so I'll stop here. Have we had fun? Did you enjoy yourself? Let me know.
Feedback is love.

No comments: