Thursday 27 October 2016

A Post About Writing A Blog Post

I just completed an assignment and the sense of achievement is heady. It's a book about a fashion blogger who meets a CEO and they fall in lurve. Ghost writing endless stories with more or less the same theme can get boring sometimes and you end up looking for different ways to spice things up even if it's giving people names which have personal meaning to you...for example, I was watching Luke Cage for a good part of the latter writing, so the heroine's father is called Luke. Anyway I won't bore you with my self-stimulating quirks; my point was, I've been away for a while and I was able to come back today because of the surge of energy resulting from satisfactorily finishing a story.

While I've been working, I've also been studying this business called writing. And having the right type of blog seems important for that. The type of blog I'm talking about involves pre-planning, knowing what you're going to write about three months in advance, SEO, content marketing....it's not just writing. It's writing with purpose.
My problem is I write from the heart. It's all spontaneous. Many times I don't even read through the post before publishing.
I have MAJOR hubris.

So as I have been studying the art of writing effective blogs that win you friends and influence people and trying to reconcile it with my more laissez faire style...Doesn't look good does it? How am I ever going to be a serious writer if I can't even get my blog to behave?
Worse.
I like that my blog doesn't behave.

Which reminds me, remember when I told you my dog disappeared? Well she was found.
Yep.
She's back.
Just today actually.
She was a bit frisky, not wanting to be touched and what not when she was brought but it's been twelve hours and she's back to her old self. She houdinied out of her leash (clever dog) and managed to open the back door and come into the house.
I ain't hatin'.
Apparently I like things that don't behave the way they're supposed to.
Now I gotta go update my Thoughts on Supernatural blog as well because damn Daniel....
Buy my books. Here are the links.

Between Death and Heaven
A ghost romance story about surviving the afterlife; Beetlejuice meets Supernatural

Child of Destiny
The only thing that remains undefeated when you pit love, mixed couples, teenagers and magic is the truth.



No comments: