Tuesday 19 March 2019

The Battle Against Ignorance is Neverending

I got in a twitter argument the other day.
Oh, don't look at me like that. You get into social media spats too. Unless you're not on Social Media which yay for you. Stay away. It's a mess.
Anyways.
I got into the spat because of this post.

Now the post was bad enough but some guy replies to it saying that 'most parents' feel this way, they just don't say so. Now I'm not saying what I did was right but sometimes the stupidity on Al Gore's Internet gets to me.
You have a child and then later realize that "oh my, I actually don't want a child." which okay, maybe you can't help that. But then you proceed to tell the child and the public all about it? What is that child supposed to do with that? The one person who is supposed to show you unconditional love, instead views you as their biggest regret.
I mean...come on people. Talk about fucking up your child for life.
I'm not saying you're not allowed to feel that way. Feel however you want - that's between you and God. But if you decided to be the vessel through which this life entered the world, then it is your responsibility to nurture that soul until it can stand on it's own two feet.
Regardless of your feelings.
Fuck your feelings.
Love is a doing action. Hate the kid all you want but you better make sure they ate. You better make sure to remember their birthday, change their nappies, listen to their problems and pay their school fees. There are no days off. You do not get a break and you don't get to be a self-indulgent little millennial and talk about how much you're missing out on traveling to an ashram in India. Nobody cares. Take care of your kid.
Anyway...so I told the guy to please speak for himself when he says 'most parents feel like this' because I just couldn't bear it anymore. I have limited tolerance for stupidity on a normal day and when social media takes too much of my time, that tolerance just drops and drops until I start replying to such posts instead of ignoring them.
Sigh...
For more nuggets on hard core parenting read the stepchild.
I wanted to have a word about fifty people dying in two mosques in New Zealand. We mentally abuse ourselves and cause trauma to our psyches when we read about these stories and their aftermath. The difference with this story is the aftermath though.
There is often a sense of hopelessness sometimes, when we hear about a mass shooting, the inevitable thoughts and prayers, nothing is done, new mass shooting news cycle CNN gives us. If the shooter is white, there is usually an attempt to brand them a mentally ill 'isolated incident' and interview his relatives, so they can tell us what a gentle little lamb he usually is.
But this time, we actually got action taken, empathy given and the focus rightly on the victims of this attack with no attempt made to demonise them or imply that they are actors hired by George Soros.
Dude.
You don't even know.
When I watched CNN - it was Max Foster though, in London - they were talking about ways in which we can change the narrative in order to change mindsets about Muslims in general. and one of the guests said something profound which will get lost in the shuffle. He talked about how in all these terrorist tv shows like Homeland and 24, the terrorist is always a Middle Eastern Muslim. and that permeates people's psyche especially after 9/11. So it would be good if these shows switched it around and showed some episodes featuring white supremacist terrorists. That way ignorant people like Jess Hilarious can stop profiling anyone with a head dress as a terrorist.
That would indeed be something.
I cannot speak to anyone else's experience, but in mine, when I encounter a Muslim gentleman in any capacity, I know I don't have to be on my guard. He won't sexually harass me, or try to harm me in any way. If they're a vendor, I know they're not gonna try to fleece me. Muslims are some of the most honest people I have ever met.
And okay, 9/11 was horrible, but people act like it was the most horrible thing that ever happened. Why? Because it happened to America? There was a reason why it happened to America. Years and years of oppressing others. They do this shit to other people and then act shocked and scandalized if anyone dares to fight back.
Don't get me wrong.
Killing people is just wrong. It's not the solution to any problem. But why is killing Americans a bigger sin than killing other people? Why is the fact that the only motivation White Supremacists have is hatred, while even ISIS are trying to get free from oppression, not highlighted? Let's call a spade a spade. White people have been terrorizing the rest of us for centuries. But when it happens to them, wow.
So so bad. Demonize everyone.
When they do it, it's an 'isolated incident.'
I'm tayad.
Can you tell that the stress is telling on me? We all have PTSD on here, that is if your soul is still intact. Everything is upsetting and ignoring it only makes the fall out worse. So I write about it and then escape into my stories to bring some sunshine into my life, and maybe into yours. I don't know.
Speaking of stories, my next promotion goes like this.
For the first four days of the next four months, you get one book in the child of destiny series free. Of course, the Swamp is Full of Mystery is always free.
We begin on April Fools' Day with In the Shadow of the Styx so mark your calenders. If you've ever wanted to read this story and not pay for it, here's your chance.
It's all in the lead up to the release of Marcus Devereux on October 9th; a book that shatters all the stereotypes on baby thoughts and teenage parenting.
Are you excited?

No comments: