Saturday 28 March 2020

Corona Chronicles

So it's business as usual for me, I cannot imagine that it is for you. Sorry about that. Wish there was something I could do. It's been stressful watching people being stressed.
My son is housebound, he just got a new girlfriend, it's hard. He gets snappy. I ain't having it. Every time he gets snappy I tell him my house is not about that negativity. Overall though, we're getting along with no fights which if my twitter is to be believed, is quite phenomenal.

Like I said, the writing continues although I am having a few problems with focus. Twitter can be very distracting and furthermore, my kid always wants something. Twenty years old and he still wants me to mitigate his boredom. Like...go find something to do, kid. I already raised you!
Supernatural is keeping me sane.
Although production has stopped so there are now no more new episodes. In a few weeks, there will be no new episodes of anything. I wonder how TV will work then. Like I said in my podcast this week (the link of which is over there by the side of this post) we're living with the assumption that after we get over this one thing, then things will get better.
But the truth is, life is probably like Supernatural now. If you beat this apocalypse, there's always another one waiting around the corner.
Yay!
Anyway, I wanted to make myself useful by giving some useful tips, suggestions and pointing your way to other places that can help you.
If you're in the States, Deray McKesson (sp) started a website with various resources you might need while at home. If you're in any government in any part of the world, this article in the NY Times about how S.Korea dealt with the coronavirus should be required reading.
If you're in Kenya and looking to be helpful, here's a thread of organizations filling in the gaps that the government has left that you can contribute to.
Looking to improve your cooking skills since you can't go out anymore? Have to buy food for the first time in your life? Here's some tips on that.
Are you a writer in need of distraction? Would you like to participate in some kink prompts and fills? Here's a place you can do that.
Also just FYI, the Queen of Earth, Ms. Robyn Rihanna Fenty is featured on this single. Get into it.
Well...
I think I've given you a few things you do while you marinate in the misery of quarantine life in this post-apocalyptic reality. It ain't over till it's over, K?

No comments: