Tuesday 16 August 2016

Intermission

Sorry I've been away for a bit. Real life was trying to kick my ass. Still is but I thought I'd at least attempt to post proof of life.
Hi!
What have you been reading? I have in my possession a copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child imagine, but I haven't managed to get past page three. Unfortunately before I began to read the novel, I read the reviews...
Maaan.
They were not good.
They basically said, 'go ahead and read it, but know that it's fan fiction and not JK's work'.
I mean...
Why would I pay thirteen dollars for fan fiction when I can read all I want for free on Archive of Our Own? Like why?
Apart from the reviews though, the embargo on talking bad about it remains so I will not say more on the subject. Just...I couldn't get past page three is all I'm sayin'.

This is the month of death which means we have three makumbushos (memorials); my cousin, my grandmother and my father. I feel very detached from the whole shebang of memorials, probably because it's all moving too fast for me. I'm not there yet. I just want to sit, by myself, and be at peace and not bother with anything. I don't want to deal with family. I don't want to deal with death. I just want to be.
It's a very selfish attitude and I'm not a selfish person so it's difficult for me to sustain; but I'm gonna do it. I'm going to look out for me first. Just this once. Or maybe I'll make it a habit. I don't know yet. Stay tuned.
What Would Rihanna Do?


Meanwhile I have a whole post I need to write about +Clint Eastwood and his support of Trump and other interesting things that I've observed recently. It's epic I tell you; and I just need to free enough brain cells by finishing these last two chapters of my latest project. I'm not really into it so it's taking a gargantuan amount of energy to do so. Pray for me; I'm unsettled.
Oh, funny thing that happened to me today; I realised a very close relative of mine stopped following me on social media...Now I haven't done anything to this person so it's kind of surprising/funny/couldn't really care less but it's also giving me an insight into the mind behind the person. I must say I'm not impressed. Relatives are weird.
I'm gonna go home now and let my dog stalk me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gave me absolutely no insight I'm still like ??????

Annemarie Musawale said...

About which part?