Friday 15 March 2019

Unpopular Opinion: Life Edition

What is an unpopular opinion do you think? Personally I tend to view it as the truth you don't want to admit. And we are all so concerned with being popular or 'liked' that we would do anything, including turn your backs on the truth, to stay that way.
My sister would tell me to shut up and talk about how great my books are or something. I probably should do that. Unfortunately, I like living on the edge so here goes.
1. The Israeli government are terrorists.
For years, Israelis and American Jews have labeled any critique of the Israeli government as 'antisemitism'.
A Palestinian teenager gets arrested for 'beating up' heavily armed and armored Israeli soldiers, and we're supposed to believe she was a threat to them. If you propose a different narrative then obvi, you're antisemitic. They throw the specter of being a Nazi in the face of anyone who might try to check their genocide of Palestinians. The victim has become the abuser, but we're not supposed to say anything because they were once victims. I think it's the same argument R. Kelly fans used to defend him.
Nelson Mandela called it. Palestine is the last country officially living under apartheid. And in the same way that England and the West consistently defended the Boers for years until it became unsustainable to do so, they are doing the same for Israel.
2. There is not much difference between the ideologies of Black and White Americans.
America is a land cursed. It was born of blood and death and karma like that doesn't just disappear. It's a sick, sick place full of sick sick people. The opioid epidemic is about people trying to escape reality because it's a horror movie.
Despite the fact that Black America has been persecuted by White America for centuries, they have very much the same philosophy. Both of them view violence as the solution to all problems. This reality hit me hard in the face with the release of Black Panther, when all Americans, black and white, seemed to think that Killmonger's solution was the best.
"Kill everyone who disagrees with you" is the mission statement of America LLC.
3. Colonialism never ended.
Emmanuel Macron was just here in Kenya (I don't know if he's left yet) "making deals" with our own little petty criminal president. The only consolation I feel these days when I think of Mr. Uhuru Kenyatta is that "well, it could be worse...look at Trump."
Anyway, as he continues to sell our country to the highest bidder, I am here musing upon the
"We are doing you a huge favor"
attitude that the West have when they come to make these deals when the truth is that they need us more than we need them. Without their colonies, Europe would be the struggle as fuck. Hell, Africans won the World Cup for France last year. They plunder our resources and sell them back to us as 'finished goods' and worse, they have most Africans believing that it's because we can't do for ourselves what they do for us. They prop up corrupt leaders so that they can continue to have access.
p.s. Guys? Trump is doing to you what Mugabe did to Zimbabwe. You're already on a downward spiral but do you even know?
Our education system sets us up to fail; the proof of this is how much we succeed in other environments. These education systems were set up by colonialists and perpetuated by their corrupt avatars that they keep in office. Watch their 'election observers' insist that everything is legit when a president has blatantly stolen an election. Africa needs to turn their backs on the world, get in a huddle and whisper to each other how to take back our own land.
4. Above average implies that average person is stupid.
When my teachers used to write 'above average' on my report form, I thought it made me special. I didn't know that it implied I had actual brain cells instead of primordial soup swimming about aimlessly in my mind.
Then I grew up.
And I found out how much the assumptions we had as kids about grown-ups were lies. I got to know random people and realized I had to talk slower, repeat myself at least twice and dumb down my language just to be understood. I couldn't follow the reasoning behind the dumbass things I saw people do. I saw people elected as leaders and wondered what could have possessed anyone to vote for such stupid trash?
It goes back to the education systems of course. They do not train people to think. None of them. So you have to be born into a family that does more than the bare minimum in terms of discourse, reading and educating their children if you have a hope of being 'above average'.
Reading is not considered fundamental anymore. Thus begins the death of thinking.
If you're reading this, it's not too late...for you.

No comments: