Tuesday 29 January 2019

The Motivation Behind Cinderella By Any Other Name

2019 is the year of realizing stuff.
I just wanted to write that because it's such a faux airhead thing to say.
I've been realizing stuff for quite a while. Since at least 2016. But lately, it's been all about me and the things I've been taking for granted which are actually kind of interesting.
For example, my body. In my mind, I have always thought that I take relatively good care of my body because I at least think about exercising, don't eat that much junk food and just generally try to eat my vegetables.
The truth is, I eat for something to do, sometimes, even when I am not the least bit hungry. I eat if I feel tired or sick because I imagine that its just my energy flagging and I need to fuel the engine. I drink way too much tea.
So this year, I'm thinking first.
I look at the food on my plate and ask myself, "Is this too much? If I halve this food, will I still be satisfied?"
Nine times out of ten, the answer is yes.
It's about control you see. For a large part of my life, I felt like I had no control over any aspect of it. I was in reactive mode.
Things happened to me, and I reacted to them. Nine times out of ten, it ended badly - for me.
In my forty plus years of living, I have never been the one to choose a boyfriend. They always chose me. I took whatever job was offered, whether it was in pharmacy or freelance. There was no feeling of "I choose this."
The only things I feel I ever chose were:
1. To keep my baby.
2. To write stories.
I didn't realize how much I was letting life happen to me until probably last year.
I think that this happens to a lot of people. We are spectators in our own lives...
Nadia is an extreme example of that.
Things happen to her, and she feels like she's a prisoner in her own life. If it ain't one thing, it's another. How does she navigate her way through and does she find herself in the end?
I love Nadia, I relate to her story, I really hope you will too.
You'll let me know on Valentine's Day, won't you?
Cinderella By Any Other Name is Available for Preorder Now. Go on, click on the link.

No comments: