Saturday 19 January 2019

Keep That Same Energy, 2019...Or Not

It's theoretically unforgivable of me to let half of the first month of 2019 pass me by without a single post. I'm going to show myself out now, nail myself to a stake and set myself on fire.
Or maybe not.
There is only one of me after all and the demands on my time are myriad. I used to bend over backwards to try to satisfy everyone's wants and needs; but 2019 is all about me baby. I'm putting myself first this year. And that means, doing what's best for me.
I think that if we all did what was best for ourselves, we would all be happier and therefore not demand so many things from other people. It also means that when we decide to do something, we don't half ass it; you get me?
What do you think?
Just because I was doing me, doesn't mean 2019 wasn't keeping 2018's energy and in fact, taking it to supernova. Let's see, in just these two weeks we have:
 - watched Surviving R. Kelly and been confronted with our own complicity in enabling this man and men like him to continue preying on vulnerable women. We have watched with disappointment as the people who should be most vocal in defending the right of those girls and women to be treated with dignity and respect, instead heap vitriol and hatred upon them. Black American women y'all. At the forefront of defending the R. I have watched with disgust from the mountains my guys. Y'all need help.
- Kenya underwent yet another terrorist attack where nothing definitive is ever said about who is really responsible, how many were killed, or injured and how it even happened in the first place. My neighbor lost a brother-in-law and various people on my Facebook timeline lost friends. It seemed that either Nairobi is a very small place or the death toll might be larger than advertised? I don't know. We'll probably never know. Of course everyone immediately wanted to start blaming Somalis, ostracizing them, oppressing them...human beings sometimes make me so tired.
- The President of the United States was caught breaking the law. Again. However, watch whiteness work. He's still president. They're still reluctant to impeach. I don't know if they see it but I predict that in ten years they'll be just another failed state at this rate. And they'll bring it all about because white must remain right at all costs. It's sad.
- Well that was fast. Mr. I-am-so-different-from-Mugabe-whatever-his-name-is has cut off the Internet in Zimbabwe so as to properly oppress his people without the world knowing the details. The world still knows the details because there is only so much information suppression you can do. These despots never learn. What is the African Union for exactly?
On a more personal front, the world's most disorganized book launch continues. I've had some feedback from advance readers, they seem to think that more story would be good. Which brings us to the question of the day;
How much story is too much?
Because obviously this story is the kind that contains a myriad of tales in between its pages. We could go off on tangents for like, ever. But do we want that? Or do we want it stripped raw and naked, laid bare for us to behold?
I am prevaricating as time continues to run out.
Anyway, my next post will be entirely Cinderella related. We shall begin the launch, officially, with style, pomp and ceremony. However, she's already available for preorder so click on the link and get that done. Start the year right.
Meanwhile, I shall continue with my various jobs, hopefully meet the first friend my son has brought home who didn't live next door and watch Fantastic Beasts. Are you going to have a good rest of the day?
Make sure you do.


No comments: