Sunday 10 February 2019

Publishing A New Book When You're Not a Well Known Author Can Be Suckage Major

I missed a day, I know. I figured I need to give you guys a break so you can catch up with all the other blog posts. It's a lot, I know.
So today we're talking publishing. I launched a book late 2017, from Pronoun - god I miss that site - In Search of Paradise...and I gotta say, the experience doing a book launch this year, from Draft to Digital is totally different.
For one thing, you practically have to sign in blood, and perform a human sacrifice in order to get a book listed on Amazon now. And apparently, they no longer even list a pre-order book - or at least, not according to my lovely publisher. That means you can't get Cinderella By Any Other Name on Amazon until Valentine's Day.
I don't know why this is. I figure it's because Amazon is a wholesaler as well as a retailer and therefore tend to favor their own products before the rest of us. It's the only explanation I can think of for why they keep making it harder and harder for books to be listed, or found on their sites, why they keep removing people's reviews...just generally making life difficult for authors.
Anyway, forget Amazon. Here is a list of retailers from whom you can preorder Cinderella By Any Other Name.
iTunes
Barnes and Noble
Kobo
Indigo
Angus and Roberson
Mondadori

No comments: