Sunday 3 February 2019

We Teach Women to Make Themselves Small...

There's a story going around social media about gospel artists infecting random women with an STD and trying to have threesomes. Of course there are two types of reactions, both of them wrong. One hand, people are titillated and elated at having these people 'exposed' while the "christian fraternity" is all about "they're sorry, forgive them, they're just human."
One of the gospel artists apologized to his girlfriend because she's 'endured' him for so long, and he's sorry for hurting her feelings.
My question is, why are so many men content to be endured?
I mean, if I am in a relationship - of any kind, be it sexual, familial, friendship - with someone, and they are simply enduring me, I would absolutely not be able to stand it. I would remove myself from that relationship because life is too short to be suffered like a disease.
So how come men practically revel in the chance to be suffered by women? Is it a form of misogyny? Or do they just not know any better? Do we just not know how relationships are supposed to work? These are important questions.
What has this got to do with a Muslim Arranged Marriage story named Cinderella By Any Other Name, you ask?
I could tell you but then what would be the use of writing a story if you're gonna give the plot away?
That would be kinda stupid no?
Are you excited for February 14th? I kind of am. 

No comments: